BIGGEST LOSER HALF MARATHON and 5K RUNWALK
- Who: Dan and Jackie Evans, Season 5 contestants on NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” are leading the initiative
- What: Noncompetitive course, 5K or 13.1-mile journey, where participants can complete at their own pace.
- When: 7 a.m. (Kids Challenge starts at 11:30 a.m.)Dec. 30 in Pier Park, Panama City Beach
- Advance registration: Online registration is open through the evening of Dec. 29. If the race has not sold out, walk up registration at the Packet Pick-up will be available Dec. 28-29 at the EONI Living Health Expo at Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort; no registration on race day
- Details: BiggestLoserRunWalk.com or Facebook.com/BiggestLoserRunWalk
PANAMA CITYBEACH— Run or walk during the Biggest Loser RunWalk Race Series’ 5K and Half Marathon on Dec. 30 to get a head start in the new year.
“We are very excited to welcome Dan and Jackie Evans and TheBiggest Loser RunWalk event,” said Dan Rowe, president and CEO of the Panama City Beach Convention & Visitors Bureau. “Our community wholeheartedly supports healthy living, and we hope this event will inspire visitors to remain active during their travels and throughout the year ahead.”
Each registered participant and finisher will be able to go at their own pace during the non competitive course, which begins and ends at Pier Park, along the beach. Water or sports drink will be offered along the way. The finish line with culminate in a celebration with food and live entertainment at the finish line. All participants also will receive a prize package that includes a finisher’s medal, a commemorative T-shirt and a goodie bag.
Children are encouraged to start healthy habits, or keep them, during the Kids Challenge, a 1-mile course with fun obstacles. Each child will receive a T-shirt, medal and running bib.
Edgewater Beach & Golf Resort, 11212 Front Beach Road,will host RunWalk festivities, including the free EONI Living Health Expo from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. The expo will feature seminars on healthy habits, from eating to the best shoes for different activities. The meet and greet with Dan and Jackie begins at 4 p.m. The popular mother-son team are known for their appearance on Season 5 of NBC’s “The Biggest Loser,” where they lost a combined 225 pounds. Since then, they have continued to keep the weight off by living a healthy lifestyle, including participating in marathons.
“We are excited to be hosting such a great event to promote healthy lifestyles,” said Paul Wohlford, vice president of sales and marketing for The Resort Collection. “We want to help make sure all participants of the RunWalk get to enjoy Panama City Beach to the fullest after finishing their race. … “Additionally, we hope all the participants will stay with us at Edgewater through the New Year. What better way to celebrate your completion of the RunWalk than to ring in the New Year on America’s most beautiful beach?”